Friday, September 3, 2010

My first scrub-in and IV

This week in my nursing lab we learned how to insert IVs. It was actually really terrifying! I was so worried I was hurting Lacey (my lab partner). She claimed it didn't hurt, but from all the digging I did, I think she was just being nice. I hope I can get to the point where I get into the vein on my first try.

here is the tourniquet... finding a vein


Getting ready...


Here I go... Lacey sure looks scared ha ha ha... eh...yeah...

We also practiced scrubbing in and gowning to prepare for the operating room. It was so fun! We had to scrub our hands and arms for nearly 5 minutes and then don the sterile gown and gloves. It was really fun! At some point this semester I am going to get the opportunity to stand in on a real operation. I am so excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment